New Hope Leeward was birthed from modest beginnings in 2003 when Pastor Wayne Cordeiro, Senior Pastor of New Hope O’ahu, and former New Hope Leeward Senior Pastor Mike Lwin dreamed of a church in west O’ahu with a vision to minister to the Leeward community. Today under the leadership of Senior Pastor Josiah Nordgren, New Hope Leeward continues to passionately pursue our founding mission with two campuses conveniently located in Waipahu and ministries that reach and care for our community!
You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16 (NIV)
We exist to love God...
It is our heart that you would love and know God because He loves and knows you! We hope that you would grow and thrive in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and in every area of your life: family, marriage, work, friendships, successes and failures.
Reflect HIS LIGHT
There are two things we know about light. First, Scripture tells us that God is light; He is all that is pure, loving, and true. Secondly, light always reflects. This is why Jesus calls us, without hesitation, "the light of the world". As we love God and grow in Him, we reflect His light and love as they begin to touch every part of our lives.
Change the world...
As God changes us He uses us to go out and change our world for His glory. He has a beautiful purpose for your life that involves helping to restore the world to His original glory and being a light to those in need at home and across the globe.To present the Gospel of Jesus Christ in such a way that turns non-Christians into converts, converts into disciples, and disciples into mature, fruitful leaders who will in turn go into the world and reach others for Christ.
At New Hope Leeward, we believe that fulfilling this purpose statement is dependent on three different areas of spiritual growth.
[ LOVE ]
- We believe that every person, Christian and non-Christian alike, is valuable to God and to His Kingdom.
- We believe in simplicity and excellence in all that we do.
[ REFLECT ]
- We believe every member should commit to a lifestyle of consistent spiritual growth with honest accountability through ‘Ohana Groups.
- We believe that genuine love, caring relationships and healthy families are key to the life of every endeavor.
[ CHANGE ]
- We believe that every member is a minister who has been given gifts to be discovered, developed and deployed.
- We believe in identifying and training emerging leaders who are fully committed to Christ and who will reach their generation with the Gospel.
New Hope Leeward is a part of the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel. The Foursquare Church believes that Jesus Christ is the Savior, Baptizer with the Holy Spirit, Healer, and Soon-Coming King. We stand firm on the foundation set by Hebrews 13:8, which proclaims: “Jesus Christ the Same, Yesterday and Today and Forever.” Learn more about Foursquare using the links below.