"FOLLOW THE FIRE" NEWLY RELEASED BOOK!
Ready to kick-start 2015? Pastor Mike Lwin’s newly released book “FOLLOW THE FIRE” reveals ten leadership lessons we’ve learned as a church over the last decade. Pick up copies at our bookstore after service or click here to purchase from Amazon.
All of the book proceeds go directly toward our Promised Land fund!
CLICK BANNER TO PURCHASE
UPCOMING EVENT: PROMISED LAND PRAYER NIGHT!
On Monday, January 5, our NHL House of Prayer will host a church-wide Prayer Night specifically focused on the Promised Land vision and capital campaign. Mark your calendar today and join us in harnessing the power of prayer for Promised Land! The event will begin at 7:00 pm at Kapolei Campus.
OUR PROMISED LAND VISION
New Hope Leeward's Promised Land Vision is to build a church and school campus that will not just transform Hawaii but will have a ripple effect around the world for generations to come. Three years ago, God revealed to us a 203-acre property in Kunia that could be the ideal site for our future home. With a purchase price of $10 million, we knew at that time that it would be an uphill journey to raise that amount by the targeted closing date of February 2015. But with great faith that God was leading us in this ginormous vision, we came together as a church ohana and raised a phenomenal $3.1 million! Woohoo!! Although this effort was an incredible faith statement by everyone who pledged and gave toward Promised Land, it was clearly short of the total purchase price. Yet God didn’t turn us away from the Kunia land, but rather put it on the seller’s heart to extend our closing date to September 2017! Not only that, but after much intercessory prayer and God-led dialogues between our Promised Land team and the seller’s team, we received another miraculous blessing — the seller has agreed for us to pay only $5 million up front and he will carry the other $5 million until we can raise it at some future time!
We are now more excited than ever about our Promised Land vision becoming reality and over the next thirty months we will be doing our best to seek out grants and to fundraise in an effort to pay cash for the first $5 million by the September 2017 closing date. We truly believe that God continues to guide us as a church ohana toward this Kunia land as our future home so that we can reach even more people for Him during this generation and many generations to come!
OUR "POSSESSING THE LAND" CAPITAL CAMPAIGN
Our goal for this phase of the Promised Land Vision is to raise an additional $2.7 million by December 31, 2016 in order to purchase the Kunia land. We are praying for our entire church ohana to prayerfully partner with us toward this goal by participating in our “Possessing the Land” capital campaign. Here’s how:
- PRAYERFULLY REVIEW the Pledge Packet materials that were distributed at November 8-9 weekend services. If you did not receive one, additional packets are available at all church campuses and the campaign brochure can be downloaded here.
- PRAYERFULLY DETERMINE how much you can contribute to Promised Land over a 24-month period (whether as an individual or as a family). Then prayerfully determine the amount of your First Fruits Offering to be given with your Pledge Card. This First Fruits is not only your first gift toward this campaign but also your first gift of the Christmas Season!
- KEEP the tear-off Reminder portion of your Pledge Card and place it in your Bible or post it on your refrigerator with our Possessing the Land magnet.
- BRING your completed Pledge Card and First Fruits Offering to church services. You may also opt to complete your pledge online here.
- FAITHFULLY CONTRIBUTE toward your Pledge starting January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2016. Automate your giving by clicking here.
- CONTINUE PARTNERING with us for 24 months by fulfilling your Pledge promise and praying for our church vision. Use your Possessing the Land magnet and bracelet as a daily reminder of your commitment toward the Promised Land Vision. Additional magnets and bracelets are available at all church campuses.
OUR "POSSESSING THE LAND" FINANCES
- $10.0 million - Land Purchase Price
- $0.2 million - Projected Entitlements Cost
- $10.2 million - Total Acquisition Cost
- $5.0 million - Carried by Seller
- $0.6 million - Refundable Deposits in Escrow
- $1.9 million - First Capital Campaign Reserves
- $2.7 million - “Possessing the Land” Campaign Goal
- $10.2 million - Total Acquisition Sources
HISTORY OF THE PROMISED LAND